Thursday, October 23, 2008

CORN AND POTATO CHOWDER


The picture is of poor quality but here it is anyway. It is also half eaten. I'll post a better one next time.

1 yellow onion, chopped
3 russet potatoes, diced
1 tbsn low fat butter or margerine
2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
1 cup skim evaporated milk
1 cup corn (if canned, drained)
pinch salt
pinch pepper
1 tbsn red pepper flakes - optional

Melt butter over med to high heat in a large saucepan. Saute onions for 6-9 minutes until clear and cooked through. Add potatoes and broth, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer partially covered for 15-20 minutes. Add evaporated milk, corn, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and keep over low heat for another 5 minutes to heat through. Serve immediately.

Serves: 6
Calories 159.4
fat: 2.4g

0 comments:

Not all recipes are originals created by me. They are just recipes that I have enjoyed and want to share with others. However, I may have adjusted recipes according to my taste.