Saturday, December 19, 2009

BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP


1 bag frozen broccoli cuts
1 stick butter
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk (I use fat free)
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 cans chicken broth
1 small block of velveeta, cubed (I use reduced fat)
handful of shredded carrots
salt and pepper, to taste

Cook broccoli on stove top or in microwave. Pulse in food processor. Set aside. Melt stick of butter in large pot over medium heat and add onions. Cook until tender. Stir in flour. Cook a few minutes to cook out flour taste. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly with whisk. Add cheese and keep stirring until smooth. Add chicken broth, carrots and add velveeta. Continue to stir until cheese is melted on low heat. Add broccoli and mix well. Simmer about 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper.

0 comments:

Not all recipes are originals created by me. They are just recipes that I have enjoyed and want to share with others. However, I may have adjusted recipes according to my taste.