Friday, November 12, 2010

ENCHILADA SOUP


1 15oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 10 oz. package frozen corn
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped yellow, green and/or red pepper
1 10oz. can enchilada sauce
1 10.75 can condensed cream of chicken soup ( I used reduced fat )
1 1/2 cups milk ( I used skim)
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese (optional )
2 chicken breast
1 small can of chopped green chilies

In a slow cooker, combine beans, tomatoes, corn, onions and bell peppers. Place chicken breast on top of mixture. In a large bowl , whisk together enchilada sauce and soup. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Pour sauce over ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Remove chicken and shred or cut into bite size chunks. Add chicken back to soup. Serve in bowls and top with cheese if using or avocado, sour cream or crushed tortilla chips.

Recipe adapted from www.realmomkitchen.com

0 comments:

Not all recipes are originals created by me. They are just recipes that I have enjoyed and want to share with others. However, I may have adjusted recipes according to my taste.