Monday, October 28, 2013

CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CAKE



chocolate cake mix
raspberry puree (recipe follows)
cool whip chocolate frosting

Make cake according to package.  I used 2 9 inch pans.  Let cool.  While the cake is cooling you can prepare the raspberry puree. 

18 oz. frozen raspberries, thawed
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp. cornstarch

Puree the berries in a blender or food processor. Put into a saucepan and add sugar and cornstarch, heating over medium heat until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Once the mixture thickens, take it off the heat and let it cool.

When cake and puree has cooled spread puree in between the two layers of cake.  I wouldn't push down too much, as the puree may ooze out.  Place cake in fridge to let set more.  Frost and eat.  

0 comments:

Not all recipes are originals created by me. They are just recipes that I have enjoyed and want to share with others. However, I may have adjusted recipes according to my taste.